Choose local or cloud Grafana
You have a choice of running Grafana locally, by including
grafana.yml, or in the cloud, with
If you choose Grafana Cloud, you must edit
prometheus/custom-prom.yml and add your cloud remote write
credentials. Please see
prometheus/custom-prom.yml.sample for the syntax of that addition.
grafana-cloud.yml runs a local Prometheus but no local Grafana, and enables adding custom Prometheus config items.
Its contents are merged with the pre-provisioned configuration.
If you want to add additional scrape targets, place these into
Local Grafana dashboards
A baseline set of dashboards has been included.
- Metanull's Prysm Dashboard JSON
- Prysm Dashboard JSON
- Prysm Dashboard JSON for more than 10 validators
- Lighthouse Beacon Dashboard JSON
- Lighthouse Validator Client Dashboard JSON
- Lighthouse Yoldark34 Dashboard JSON
- Nimbus Dashboard JSON
- Teku Dashboard JSON
- Geth Dashboard JSON
- Lodestar Dashboard JSON
- Reth Dashboard JSON
You can additional dashboards from the Grafana repository, for example
11133 as a node exporter dashboard. You can
also import dashboards by their JSON, as you see fit.
Connecting to local Grafana
If you run Grafana over http without encryption, do not expose the Grafana port to the Internet. You can use SSH tunneling to reach Grafana securely over the Internet.
In order to load other Dashboards, follow these instructions.
- Click on the + icon on the left, choose "Import".
- Copy/paste JSON code from the Raw github page of the Dashboard you chose - click anywhere inside the page, use Ctrl-A to select all and Ctrl-C to copy
- Click "Load"
- If prompted for a data source choose the "prometheus" data source
- Click "Import".
Alerting with Grafana
Grafana supports setting up alerts and sending notifications to email, Slack, Discord, PagerDuty, etc. Some alerts are pre-previsioned.
To receive these alerts, use the alert bell icon on the left-hand side and set up contact points and notification
policies. The pre-provisioned alerts use a
severity label. You could for example send
medium severity alerts to
email, Discord or Telegram, and
critical severity alerts to PagerDuty or OpsGenie.